I am a participant of a few glass-themed pages on FB. They are a great source of inspiration, solutions, and general glass comraderie. several weeks ago, stained glass guitars began making the rounds. the concept intrigued me. it needed to roll around in my noggin for bit, but I finally acquired 3 guitars, and began the process.
This top came off easily. The guitar was pretty banged up, and the front and back both were already loose. Once off, i used the front piece to create a template for the design.
Once I figured out the lighting method, i had to secure the rope inside the guitar. i tried gluing down the clips, but they pulled free with ridiculous ease. In the end, I bolted them in place, drilled a hole in the bottom for the electric cord, and secured the loose rope with zip-ties.
And then, the moment of truth. The top didn’t line up 100%, but it’s close enough. I’ll seal the small gaps with some silicone, today. Epoxied the two sides, let them sit for a few mins, then pressed them together. Weighted the top down, and let it cure for 24 hours.
and viola! hung and lighted…